|The Chiemseebahn is a 1.7 Kilometre single track line that joins the DB
station at Prien am Chiemsee to the harbour station at Prien Stock. The
owning company also operate a fleet of passenger vessels that serve the
islands and towns of the Chiemsee including the royal island and King
Ludwig II 's palace at Herrenchiemsee. Motive power for the line is
provided by this un-numbered 0-4-0 tram engine built in 1887 by Krauss
Locomotive Works hauling original 4-wheel passenger cars.
The locomotive runs around the train prior to returning to the harbour station on Sunday May 18th, 2002. This view illustrates the enclosed design of a tram engine which were often used to haul city trams prior to electrification.