The Ford Salaried Retirees Club
The name of the club shall be, Ford Salaried Retirees Club.
Hereafter called the Club.
Purpose of Club
The Club is organized to cultivate a spirit of fellowship and to continue the friendships which have developed as fellow salaried employees at Ford.
- To hold general membership meetings at a place recommended by Officers and Executive.
- To sponsor social functions.
- To sponsor sporting functions and other activities which may be approved by the executive.
- To develop, present and sponsor information seminars and other publications for the benefit of members.
- Any former salaried employee, once having retired from the Ford Motor Company, is eligible for membership in the Club, conditional upon his or her completion of the normal application form. Similar eligibility opportunity is extended to the surviving spouse of a Ford Salaried Retiree.
- As a courtesy- honourary memberships will be granted to present Plant Managers of the aforementioned facilities until their retirement after which normal application will be required.
- An associate membership may be granted to associates of Ford Motor Co., such as vendors, business partners etc.. upon submission of an application form, subject to approval of the officers present at the next membership meeting. Such members will be subject to the Associate Membership dues as outlined in Article 4
- Membership dues will be paid annually, the amount to be determined from time to time and subject to the approval of the general membership present and voting at an annual meeting or a special meeting called for that purpose. The established dues shall be due and payable on the first day of January in the calendar year.
- Any member whose dues are not paid upon receipt of final notice shall be declared suspended and his or her name shall be removed from the active roll of the Club and ail Club benefits shall be waived.
- Any member declared suspended may, upon application and payment of all dues owing be reinstated as a member in good standing.
- Any applicant applying on or after the first day of July shall, be assessed one half the normal annual dues for the remainder of that year.
- An associate member will be subject to the same dues structure as any other ordinary member.
- Lifetime Members will be those members paying $200.00 for same. These members will of course be subject to all conditions accorded ordinary members.
All members in good standing shall have the right to attend General Membership Meetings and to vote on all matters as may come before said meeting. They may stand for office and if duly elected or appointed by the President or Board of Directors as defined in article 7, may vote on all matters pertinent to the Club.
No motion to add to, or annul any of these By-Laws shall be made without giving notice of such motion to the Executive through the secretary, and if the same be approved by them the said alteration will be inserted in the notice of the next general meeting. In the event of a favourable vote on said amendment of not less than two thirds of the members in good standing and present and voting, said amendment shall be declared adopted.
The forgoing not withstanding rules, regulations and interpretations of operating policy, if duly approved by a majority of the Board of Directors and contained in minutes approved by the Executive in session, shall have the force and effect the same as if integrated into and forming a part of these By-laws,
The following officers are to be elected annually by the membership:
1st VICE PRESIDENY
2nd VICE PRESIDENT
These elected officers will constitute the Executive and together with those Officers appointed by the President-elect will compose the Board of Directors of the Club.
Officers that may be appointed by the President are :
and other Chairpersons as deemed necessary.
Officers appointed by the President or the President-elect shall remain in office for one calendar year, but at the expiration of that term may be appointed to the same or new position at the pleasure of the President or President-elect as the case may be.
Immediate Past Presidents shall be a member of the Board of Directors ex officio.
All Committee Chairpersons shall have a right to add to their committees as they deem warranted.
The President shall appoint a Chairperson for the Nominating Committee in August of each year for the election to be held in October.
Elections will take place at the General Meeting to be held in the month of October. All nominees for office. or from the floor, shall be present at the October meeting and must signify their willingness to serve in office, if elected.
The installation of Officers will be held at the October meeting immediately following the elections. The Officers will take office on January 1st next following the installations.
Any Officer who absents himself/herself for three consecutive Board of Directors Meetings, without cause, shall be removed from office and a replacement be approved by the remaining members of the Board of Directors, to fill the office until the next General meeting.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- -The President shall preside over all meetings and shall be ex-officio member of all committees excepting the Nominating Committee.
- -The duties of the 1st and 2nd Vice Presidents shall be to perform all the duties of the President in his absence and such assignments as requested by the President.
- The Secretary shall keep all minutes of the Board of Director's Meetings and shall maintain records of the Club except those financial records which are the responsibility of the Treasurer.
- The Treasurer shall keep an accurate account of all receipts and expenditures of the Club.
The Treasurer shall at every Board of Directors Meeting . Give an accurate report of all receipts and expenditures since the preceding meeting, and also he or she shall give a financial report to the general membership at each annual meeting. The Treasurer shall receive all funds and deposit same in a banking institution approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer shall prepare all cheques and arrange for approved signatures thereon.
- The assistant secretary shall in the absence of the Secretary perform the duties of the Secretary.
- The assistant Treasurer shall in the absence of the Treasurer perform the duties of the Treasurer.
- The Board of Directors shall be responsible for the operation of the Club in ail aspects, shall form policy, set up committees, present all matters of business to the general membership for their approval.
- The Executive shall give approval to payments of all accounts. Contracts binding on the Club shall be co-signed by not less than one member of the Executive. Cheques drawn on the account of the Club shall be signed by any (2) two of the President, Ist or 2nd Vice-presidents and the Treasurer.
- A quorum for the Board of Directors shall consist of either the President or in his absence the Ist or 2nd Vice-president and (4) four other members of the Board.
- Membership Committee: Shall consist of one (1) Chairperson who shall be a member of the Board of Directors, plus ordinary members as appointed by the Chairperson.
- Nominating Committee: A Chairperson shall be appointed by the President and have authority to form a committee of his or her choice. Nominations shall be approved by the Executive.
- Telephone Committee: Shall consist of (2) Chairpersons who shall be members of the Board of Directors plus ordinary members in numbers deemed necessary and as appointed by the Chairperson.
- Social Committee: Sports Committee:
- And other Committees deemed necessary in the proper running of the Club.
Return to home Page