|Austrian Railways Photos
Class 5145 Diesel Multiple Unit
|In 1999, 5145.01 joined the ÖBB nostalgia fleet and is used for charter
work. The power car presently numbered 5145.01 was built by Waggon und Maschinenfabrik
in Simmering (serial number 73699) in January 1952 where it was numbered
5045.01 and in 1964 became 5145.01 and was withdrawn from service in 1997.
The power unit rides on 2 4-wheel trucks with only the leading truck
powered. It seats 56 passengers and has a top speed of 115 km/h, 71 mph.
It has a 368 kW, 494 hp engine with a hydraulic transmission.
5145.01 had worked a special when photographed at Budapest Nyugati station on "Republic Day" October 23rd, 2003.