Surbiton Station-Gateway to Suburbia
A tribute to J. Robb Scott of the Southern Railway.
The London and South Western Railway first reached Surbiton in 1838 and the line was opened through to Basingstoke in 1839. The LSWR station at Surbiton was re-sited in 1845.
The present station was reconstructed by the Southern Railway in 1937 in a modern transport image consistent with the successful "Southern Electric" and Cunarder image.
|Station Approach||The Clock Tower||Station Shops|
|The Entrance Hall||The Booking Office||The DownSide Platforms|
|Platforms 3 & 4||4-VEP Number 3467||Platform Waiting Room||455/9 Unit #5901|
return to 1962 BR(S) Maps
[ Return to Michael Taylor's
Home Page ]
Last Updated: November 04, 2009