Surbiton Station-Gateway to Suburbia
A tribute to J. Robb Scott of the Southern Railway.

Animated SE gif Surbiton Exterior Animated SE gif
Click on
images for
larger views

The London and South Western Railway first reached Surbiton in 1838 and the line was opened through to Basingstoke in 1839. The LSWR station at Surbiton was re-sited in 1845.
The present station was reconstructed by the Southern Railway in 1937 in a modern transport image consistent with the successful "Southern Electric" and Cunarder image.
Exterior Clock Tower Exterior Shops
Station Approach The Clock Tower Station Shops

Waiting Room Booking Hall 4-VEP at Platform 3
The Entrance Hall The Booking Office The DownSide Platforms

Platform 3 & 4 4-VEP Number 3467 at Platform 3 Platform Waiting Room Unit 455/9 #5901
Platforms 3 & 4 4-VEP Number 3467 Platform Waiting Room 455/9 Unit #5901

[Home]Photo Index Page

[Home]return to 1962 BR(S) Maps

[ Return to Michael Taylor's
Home Page ]

Last Updated: November 04, 2009