FP9s were a lengthened version of the F9 loco with steam heat
equipment. They rode on 4 wheel trucks and were rated at 1750 hp. #6531
was built by GMD in London in May 1957, was transferred in 1978 to VIA.
In February 1995 it was sold to Wisconsin Central and became Algoma
CNR Windsor-Toronto passenger express hurries through Dundas in the era before VIA Rail.